Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Cant Select PDF File Text - QUICK FIX

If you ever open a PDF file and you cant select the text, there is an easy fix.  

First, you must have the PRO version of Adobe Acrobat DC because you have to be able to EDIT PDF.

When you open a PDF, your mouse cursor will look like a black arrow with a dot lined box in the lower right corner of it. This will be seen when NOT hovering over anything, so on a blank part f the document.  When you hover over anything in the document, the mouse changes to an I-Beam pointer, or also called an I-Cursor.  That icon represents when you can click on something creating text or to copy text.  Mine was not changing to that. 

I did not want to type all the text I was trying to copy.  I clicked EDIT PDF.  It then goes through the process (very quickly) of converting everything to recognizable text.  Once it finished, I closed out of the EDIT area back to where I was originally, ad my cursor changed and I was finally able to copy the text I needed.

I cant guarantee this will work for you also and I have no idea why it is doing this to begin with, but at least there's a possibility for a fix for you as well.  Try it and see, you have nothing to lose other than a min or two of your time :)

ENJOY!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...